Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI just have to say again, I’m loving taking my time
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=742150&mesg_id=742186
742186, I just have to say again, I’m loving taking my time
Posted by soulfunk, Sun Sep-26-21 12:45 PM
watching these. It’s a pretty unique experience these days - typically with episodic TV shows either they release all at once and you have to binge watch to avoid spoilers, or they release every week and you have to rush to watch that day to avoid spoilers. Recently that has meant for both the Marvel shows and Mandalorian I end up having to get up and watch at 6am before work when I’m really tired, or on a break from work on my computer or my phone. In both cases not an optimal viewing experience, but it’s either that or have something spoiled.

With Visions though, since each episode is completely separate, and also short and digestible, I can take my time and watch when I have a moment with the kids doing something else (or sleep) in my basement with my projector screen. And if I want I can run an episode back to back to really catch everything.

I’m just through episode three at this point. I REALLY loved that one (The Twins) and how it leaned all the way into the anime style of hyperbole in storytelling, and it just feels so good to see a Star Wars story not hampered down by the rules of cannon or connections to other characters.