Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectMike White is a Genius.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=741752&mesg_id=747006
747006, Mike White is a Genius.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Tue Dec-20-22 10:14 AM
I kind of got a little annoyed after the first ep of season 2 because it felt like they were just going to retread ideas and storylines from the first season. Boy was I wrong.

I don't know how Mike White knows how to make every scene tense AF. Like every seen you thought was going to explode into chaos and violence. It's amazing writing.

I've literally been on vacation with the Cameron and Daphne type (also been with the Harper type as well). Like at a resort and the couple is lovey dovey feeding each other and at the same time dude is banging strippers on vacation. It puts you in a weird space because their showiness can have you questioning your relationship and your boy puts you in a hard position because bro code forbids you from telling your wife everything that dude is doing. Anyway, the couple I knew like at are now divorce. You got to learn to not let other couple's problems spill into your relationship.

The funny thing is that the uptight couple did learn something from Cameron and Daphne. I can see that.

I never wanted a character to get burned as much as I wanted the son Albie to get got by Lucia. IDK, young people's moralizing always gets my goat. I liked that by the end Alpie and Dom were kind of laughing at the grandfather's horniness more so then judging him like they were doing at the beginning. I also like the debate between Dom and his father when the father says it's simple if you love each other and Dom saying it's not that simple. I don't know who is right.

So one mentioned it but Portia's passiveness was driving me crazy. She was legit about to get killed because she was too pasive to say, I have to leave.

I am happy the two Italian girls got a win. The locals didn't fare was well last season.

And Tanya's end was the most fitting end for her character (could not take her in S3). Mike White talked about not wanting her character to die a victim so for her to shoot it out and then die at her own hands on the boat was perfect.

It was as about as fulfilling and end to a season as I have ever seen on tv.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"