Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectYea there's a lot to wrap up. Gotta be a 1.5 hr ep ?? Hopefully ?!?!? Ha
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=741752&mesg_id=746781
746781, Yea there's a lot to wrap up. Gotta be a 1.5 hr ep ?? Hopefully ?!?!? Ha
Posted by Brew, Tue Dec-06-22 10:03 AM
>It does still seem like Albie is getting played with the
>"pimp" angle. Who knows who that dude actually is - but she's
>playing the long con, it seems.

Yea, to my mind this is the only storyline for which the prevailing theory about what's been happening may actually turn out to be true. Just my opinion of course, but I just think that's the most likely scenario.

That said tho, the Prestige TV pod about this ep pointed out that Alessio *did* actually exist prior to episode 5. Apparently when Lucia was first introduced in ep 1, she said "goodbye Alessio" to the guy who dropped her off. But she said it in a friendly way as opposed to a "saying bye to your abusive boss" way so the theory that she asked him to help her scam poor Albie could still turn out to be true. I only bring up this scene because there were many (myself included) who thought that Alessio was never even mentioned prior to episode 5.

>The Greg was the cowboy theory looks to be correct! I don't
>think that they're going to kill Tanya tough - more likely
>that they are recording her infidelity, probably to make her
>prenup more susceptible or something? Not sure how this works
>- but clearly, Greg set this up and the "coming into money"
>thing seems to be him splitting whatever his settlement is
>with the British dude.

Yea this is where all signs are pointing. And I said the same thing to my wife last nite about whether or not the pre-nup may be voided if she cheats, or whatever.

But I had a different overall read on what's been happening here, which a host on the aforementioned Prestige TV pod articulated as well. I think Greg is still sick but didn't want to tell Tanya. He's miserable not because he hates her but because he's in constant pain and is dying. He went back home to try and find more treatment, and set her up with his gay best friend and his pals to live out her Italian fantasy since he wouldn't be able to do it for her. Including getting thrown around by a young Italian sex worker, something Greg couldn't do because he was so sick. I think his convo on the porch early in the season before he took off was with Quentin and that "she's clueless as usual" was about whether or not he was still sick.

Regarding Jack's "confession," again I think they're hitting us in the face with all of that to mislead us. I think all Jack meant by "doing things he doesn't want to do" is that he doesn't want to be having sex with dudes, but he's doing it because Quentin saved him from a life on the streets. I'm thinking he's a sex worker as well.

And with regard to the money, I think Greg possibly has some kind of life insurance or something like that, that will trigger and be paid out to Quentin once he passes. Greg may not be rich but I don't think he's destitute, either. So in essence I'm of the belief that he set Tanya up to have the time of her life in his absence, and is also setting up his best friend with some money after he dies, to keep his family's estate afloat.

I just don't find Quentin to be nefarious enough to be willing to pull this kind of con on some woman he'd previously never met, who is as naive she is. I think we're being led astray.

All my opinion of course. And I'm likely getting all tinfoil hat-y because the show is that good haha.

>They're playing this very ambiguously, but I don't think
>Harper ACTUALLY cheated with Cam. More that she's fucking with
>Ethan...and now he's losing it.

Exactly my thoughts. She's tired of being gaslit so she decided to kinda fuck with him a little bit. Cam's a dirtbag and was def trying to bang Harper in ep5, but Harper is strongwilled. I don't think she'd just let this scumbag take her down on a whim cuz she's slightly mad at her husband. I'm guessing that Harper was telling the truth, and that Cam actually *did* do the right thing in this instance, and told Harper that Ethan did nothing wrong on the nite in question. Again I think the writers have painted him as scummy as they have because he is, but that ultimately in this situation he wasn't gonna screw Ethan over that badly.

>An interesting theory is that last season started a shot of
>the person who ended up being the killer - and now this season
>started with Daphne on the beach. Could it be that she kills
>Cam or Ethan somehow?

Yea that's a good theory - hadn't thought of that.

In the big picture I'm still thinking everything is a red herring lol. My prediction is that a bunch of random hotel guests died in like a freak boating accident, hence the multiple bodies. And that Bert is the only castmember who was found in the water, and he died cuz he's old. Fell in the water or something. And in a lot of ways I hope that (or something like that) is the story with the bodies, because having both seasons of this show be essentially a murder mystery at the same hotel chain would be a little lazy ? I think ?