Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectOh yea so was I, big time.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=741752&mesg_id=746603
746603, Oh yea so was I, big time.
Posted by Brew, Tue Nov-15-22 03:50 PM
He's truly a cornball. But at the same time I really love the writing and the generational dynamic between Albie and his pops and grandfather. It may seem like obvious stuff given the times we live in, but I think the way they're portraying it is equal parts hilarious and clever, without beating us over the head with it somehow. I am especially liking how Dom is kinda torn between the lessons he learned from his father and what he is (barely) trying to learn from his son about how to be a better person/husband/father/man. I'm interested to see where that goes.

But yea Portia is being played to perfection by Haley Lu Richardson, who's been terrific. The pained facial expressions are absolutely flawless. There's a balance to be struck between not being a total prick but still being willing to take the lead and show some initiative.

And regarding the Tanya stuff, I'm still not convinced that Greg is gone or whatever. I'm holding on to my suspicions that he's still treating for whatever condition that he has, but doesn't want her to know for one reason or another. In other words I think that his "deception" is actually in good faith and that he's not cheating and doesn't have another family. And I think either that "gypsy" was a total hack (most likely) or that the "beautiful woman" in his life that she referenced is either his mom or like his new doctor or some shit haha.

I have more thoughts I'm forgetting, but my last quick note here is again about the writing and acting with regard to the two couples. I'm so fascinated by Harper and E's storyline and how that will play out, considering that as it turned out the "perfect couple" isn't so perfect afterall. And rather than Harper kind of basking in her correct initial presumptions about them, she's letting Daphne's comments in Noto seep into how she perceives the missed call by her husband, who despite being involved in some super shady shit, was ultimately actually being a good guy and *hating* what his "friend" had dragged him into. But that likely won't be Harper's perception, most likely. I'm not saying E was totally blameless but based on what we saw it was pretty clear that he did not want any part of that type of shit and kept staring at Cameron like he wanted to kill him right then and there haha. But obviously Harper didn't see any of that.

Super creative writing for that/those storylines, to get us to this point. I'm so invested in how that plays out.