Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectYea I just didn't see it that way at all. I thought it made perfect sense.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=741752&mesg_id=742019
742019, Yea I just didn't see it that way at all. I thought it made perfect sense.
Posted by Brew, Tue Aug-31-21 05:06 PM
And actually, now that I am re-reading my previous post, what I said about people getting divorced within weeks or months is irrelevant to everything else I was saying because *she didn't ultimately even leave him* !

In any event, I have examples in my own social circle of people who married the idea of the person as opposed to actually being in love with them - whether they were blinded by the money (as was the case here, as you rightfully point out), or something else. They're all divorced now after varying (but all short) periods of marriage. A couple of them literally realized it as they walked down the aisle, per their own recollections of the mistakes they made. So. Just because you don't envision *yourself* making that type of mistake doesn't mean it's not possible for others.

All that is to say that I didn't find the Rachel/Shane dynamic and storyline to be BS *at all* and in fact found it very plausible and realistic. *shrugs*