Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectbeen hitting older classics or popular movies I missed
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=741665&mesg_id=741665
741665, been hitting older classics or popular movies I missed
Posted by RobOne4, Thu Jul-15-21 05:46 PM
Like everyone else I ran out of shit to watch a long time ago. So I've been hitting classics. Or just popular shit I missed. Been doing a lot of Best Picture winners that I thought were doo doo but figured they are Best Picture winners. Why not. Lots of terrible movies that won awards. Green Book, Driving Miss Daisy, Last of the Mohicans. Maybe some just don't hold up anymore. But Green Book was just awful.

Last night I watched Born on the 4th of July. What a fucking mess that was. It was just like let me cram as much about the horrors of war into 2 hours as I can. Jumping from situation to situation. Right from the jump I knew it was going to be terrible when young Cruise was playing little league and he hit the ball and the dad was jumping around like he just won the lotto. Even the war scenes sucked which is surprising coming from Oliver Stone. Then fast forward to the corny ass ending with Activist Cruise being pushed down the hall about to address the nation. Did not enjoy it at all.

One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest was brilliant though. I thoroughly enjoyed that one.