Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectRE: My kids enjoyed it. It was just okay to me...didn't have the
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=741409&mesg_id=741415
741415, RE: My kids enjoyed it. It was just okay to me...didn't have the
Posted by Voodoochilde, Tue Jun-01-21 11:11 AM
>magic that Lord and Miller brought in Spiderverse or Lego
>Movie where adults end up loving it as much as their kids. But
>even for my kids, they enjoyed it a couple weeks ago when we
>watched it but they haven't brought it up again since. When
>they REALLY like a new movie with characters they haven't seen
>before, they talk about it non-stop for at least a month or
>so. This wasn't that.

Honestly, going in i didnt know ANY background about who was involved creatively and behind the scenes, so i had NO expectations at all (in fact we i actually started watching late, so i figured id probably doze off before the getting through it... but that DIDNT happen, it kept me up, so thats sayin somethin for it :)

that said, yeah, i agree its definitely not Spiderverse level (that movie was pretty much perfect imo)... but i found myself chuckling out loud in this one several times, and was pleasantly entertained throughout. (I do agree that it was rather 'predictable' though.)

the whole time watching it i found myself thinkin about a buddy of mine who has kids the same ages/scenarios as the kids in this movie (one about to go off to college/one stayin behind). Gonna recommend it for him and his fam. (lol My kids are LONG gone & WELL beyond this age ...in their 30s now...so yeah...those emotional points this movie was going for are relatively distant memories for me lol :)

but overall, yeah it gave me and my wife some giggles, so its a thumbs up from us.