Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI really didn't want to like this movie.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=740612&mesg_id=740631
740631, I really didn't want to like this movie.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Feb-08-21 09:48 AM
A couple arguing for 2 hours at one location written by a white guy? Didn't sound like my cup of tea. In fact, I watched it because I wanted to be able to properly bash it (I hate criticisms that start with "I didn't watch the movie but...")

But I got to say I was sucked in. I wanted to see who was right and who was wrong. I wanted to see if they stayed together. I kept wondering if they should stay together.

I was reminded of being in relationships like that and thank god I wasn't in them anymore.

I appreciated seeing an Angry Black Man that was forced to water down his rage AND he not be a criminal, or villain or necessarily punished for his rage.

It's not for everybody and I wish the Vulture reviewer just said that rather then trying to put in objective terms her inability to connect with the material. But I guess critics can't just say, "it wasn't for me".

But it was an achievement that they could have me so enthralled in a one location, two actor 90 minute flick.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"