Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectPersona 5 Royal! (yes its not anime but its basically interactive anime)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=740473&mesg_id=740906
740906, Persona 5 Royal! (yes its not anime but its basically interactive anime)
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Fri Mar-12-21 08:17 PM
and it has a ton of anime cutscenes in it.

i got this around the time i got FF7R but i started that first. but then this absolutely captivated me for most of the last 7 months gaming-wise

130 hours from start to finish and this is my favorite JRPG of all time now. the final sequence (february final boss, not main game) is so good thematically, emotionally and gameplay wise that my stomach was actually in knots. main game boss sequence is good too but more like a conventional JRPG affair.

combat-wise its basically a modern FFX ATB system. there's one set of preset dungeons and then another dungeon tower of 100 or so randomly generated floors.
and you fight w/ demons/gods kind of like pokemon but way more powerful.

the only real criticism i would give it is you could maybe cut a 15 hr chunk, and 1 party member out and lose absolutely nothing. but i had so much fun playing it that i didn't mind it.

friendship ended w/ Final Fantasy, MegaTen is my new best friend.