Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectJust finished..wow! (spoilers below)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=740363&mesg_id=740380
740380, Just finished..wow! (spoilers below)
Posted by Damali, Fri Jan-15-21 03:35 PM
The writing and directing is really great..this is my first time seeing Omar Sy in anything and I'm hearing he's a huge star in France

I watched in French w/English subtitles so I may watch again to see more of the acting subtleties since I had to read so much...

The dog, yo...I loved him so much! what a hilarious device to have to bark every time anyone said Pelligrini (although they missed 1 or 2...i was watching lol)

I was glad they had Assane off his game a couple times...no thief is perfect and he can't control every situation..the walls are closing in on him at this point, so it was a perfect mid-season cliffhanger

they do such a great job at creating tension and suspense! several times i realized i was on the edge of the couch, leaning in to the tv screen..at one point, i paused to run to the bathroom, and i found myself actually RUNNING down the hall as if the shit was gonna magically unpause while i was away LOL

great job at keeping the audience off balance around whether or not his father was guilty...several times i was like, ok he stole it..then nah he didn't lol

i knew the journalist wasn't gonna make it....i really loved her character and was glad she got to briefly get back in the action

seeing a French Black actor w/this kinda role and budget...just wow...i know Omar must be living the dream right now...

oh and the casting!!! the boy cast as young Assane...perfect. wow

i can't wait for part 2

d

"But rest assured, in my luxurious house built on the backs of people darker than me, I am sipping fine scotch and scoffing at how stupid you are." - bshelly