Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectSome thoughts
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=740232&mesg_id=740299
740299, Some thoughts
Posted by handle, Mon Jan-04-21 03:07 PM
It's a list of popular films - some quite good and some exceedingly bad.

Shawnshank is a good film, very entertaining, but #1? Maybe if you only had TBS growing up - it is #1 if Roadhouse is #2.

I feel The Dark Knight is a BAD movie -but even it's not- then its way way way too far up on the list.

LOTR:ROTK was not a great movie either. Not in the top 2 of the 3 LOTR films.

The Good The Bad and The Ugly is a popular film but that it beat Yojimbo by 110 or so slots show that it's just a popularity contest.

Fight Club: Bad movie. Rips off P.K. Dick and does it in a stupid way.

Inception: Bad, stupid, awful movie. But a popular one.

Life is Beautiful?? That's considered a "good movie?" Glad Schindler's was up higher - but this is a pretty meaningless film.

The Green Mile in the top 30????????? Interstellar at 29??? This is more a list of "films you like that you saw on HBO in 2014."

Seppuku isn't as good as Yojimbo but it beats it by a hundred points. And High and Low isn't on the list???

The Pianist - not a good movie.

American History X beats ANY serious Spike Lee film?

The Departed is on this list? How is that there ? It's because people like Godfather and Goodfellas - not that it's a good movie. People just like the Mob. I'd say taxi Driver is better. So is After Hours. So are like 10 of his other films.

Whiplash - shit movie.

Hamilton is on the list??That's a filmed stage play form this year - and not a very good one. The music is king - but as a movie it's not great. West Side Story Isn't on the list but this is? (At least Singing in The Rain made the top 100.)

Momento???? Come on now - he's a popular director is all.

Django Unchained??? It got my money - but it's not a good film. It's a pulpy exploitation film - but, really??

Joker??? Where's the source material Taxi Driver? I couldn't make it through this god awful movie.

At least Crash isn't on the list.

Wrap up:
But again, enjoy it - and if you don't like a movie just turn it off and go to the next one.