Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectRE: Thanks for playing!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=740232&mesg_id=740254
740254, RE: Thanks for playing!
Posted by howisya, Thu Dec-31-20 03:07 PM
>Yeah I was inspired to set up an IMDb user account so I could
>rate movies and mark which ones I've seen. I'm at 125 of the
>250, so half way there!

excellent! here's some advice from someone who's added thousands of ratings in the last 4 years. aside from rating from the top 250 page, a great way to rate a lot at once is to click on the year from any movie page. i usually went through the top 200 by popularity before moving onto the next year. when you have a lot of ratings, the recommendations get better from your profile or the homepage. you can click through them and rate what you've already seen there as well. finally, i love browsing the user lists suggested on the side of a movie or tv show page, and you can rate from there, too.

>Yeah I'm also really interested in The Intouchables after
>hearing about it when the Michael Cranston remake came out,
>but more intrigued since I see that it's rated so high on
>there.

i remember when the original came out but wasn't really interested in it at the time. when the remake came out i thought it would be dismissed as yet another unnecessary american remake of a not very old foreign movie, but it's maintained a good reception and probably helped elevate the profile of the original. i'm going to try to see the original first.