Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectThanks for playing!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=740232&mesg_id=740249
740249, Thanks for playing!
Posted by herbiehowsermc, Thu Dec-31-20 10:59 AM
Yeah 80% is really good. Are there any movies that are high on the top 250 that you plan on watching now, or are they films that you're not interested in?

Yeah I can see that with the ratings self correcting over time but I've been thinking a lot about the ratings system and who makes up the demographics of this user base and it's definitely going to be skewed. Your examples of The Help and Green Book are perfect examples of that. At least Crash isn't on there. I think a film with a mostly Black cast has to be much stronger to get onto this list than a lot of movies on there.

I'll definitely check out the movies that you mentioned, I haven't seen a bunch of these.

Good point about The Usual Suspects, although I think it was probably always highly rated. I am curious to see if it will go out of favor though, or if there are people purposely pushing it up. I wonder if they keep track of ratings over time. It would be interesting to see how the ratings change over time.

The bottom 100 is too much for me. I'll save that for the future maybe.