Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectThe Invisible Man, 3/15/20
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=739802&mesg_id=739816
739816, The Invisible Man, 3/15/20
Posted by howisya, Thu Nov-12-20 10:45 AM
coinciding with work from home beginning and theater shutdowns imminent (possibly the next day). i remember the audience being sparse, but there was someone a couple seats away, and this was before people wore masks.

i agree with everyone who posts about the theater experience just being different and more cinematic than watching on tv. that's why i risked it. had the theater stayed open another week, i probably would've watched Onward and/or The Hunt, which i still haven't seen.

beyond that, i just knew too much about covid. i'd love to see Tenet. theaters in my county never opened back up. if i could have seen that socially distanced in the local "liemax," i probably would've, in my mask. everything else i was really looking forward to got pushed back, rightly so. there are probably other movies that did get theatrically released i would've gone to had covid not happened, especially on a $6 ticket. (i actually have a gift card and vouchers/free passes for two chains - no tity boi - that have been burning a hole in my pocket all year. i'm concerned about AMC.) i'm a last priority group member for the vaccine, so it could still be a long time before i go back to the movies.

i haven't gotten into new releases from home or looked to what gets added to streaming as of equal importance to theatrical. i've just been watching the few shows i like that have new episodes and old movies and shows i haven't seen. eventually whatever came out this year will make its way to free viewing; probably not many would-be blockbusters in the bunch. next year's oscars are going to be quite strange.