Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subject^^^^^^^^^^^
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=739717&mesg_id=740681
740681, ^^^^^^^^^^^
Posted by soulfunk, Fri Feb-12-21 08:48 AM
Yeah - she was absolutely not strong enough to be a lead on a show. I think I posted up above during the season that the episode when she showed up she stuck out like a sore thumb - just was just walking around smiling in a weird way that almost broke the fourth wall. "I'm an actor! I'm on a TV show! I'm happy!"...outside of the physicality and authenticity she brought to her fight scenes there was little that she brought to the role.

They were pretty vague about the details on the Rangers of the New Republic show (maybe even because they thought her getting fired was a possibility. Reportedly Favreau has to intercede to keep her from getting fired before season 2.) I doubt she was ever going to be the "lead", but likely a regular part of an ensemble cast to have the connection with the Mandalorian. But at this point they could make Paul Sun-Hyung Lee's X-Wing pilot the character giving that connection. Or even Tim Olyphant since he played a marshal.