Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectMore thoughts...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=739717&mesg_id=740112
740112, More thoughts...
Posted by soulfunk, Fri Dec-18-20 11:26 AM
>He's still a bounty
>hunter.

This is the potentially interesting story element. He feels like a completely different person now vs. the beginning of the series when he was just a mercenary. Is he really still a bounty hunter at this point? He could go to that planet from season 1 and live in that village with the one lady and her daughter and "retire" now that Grogu is safely with the Jedi. He does still owe Bo-Katan since he told her he'd help take Mandalore back. He has the Darksaber, but doesn't want the title that comes with it, so that will need to be resolved in some way.

>I'm not sure what they do with Grogu, given by the time Ben
>destroys the New Jedi Order it's like 20years after ROTJ so he
>can come back. But if the focus is no longer on Din, I don't
>see why they would need to bring him back its seems like that
>book is closed.

My guess is that we don't see Grogu again until the series finale. We'll have three shows going on telling stories within the era, and as you mentioned Din can show up as the connection between them. Helping out Cara and the New Republic on the rangers show, meeting back with Boba, etc...with Thrawn maybe being the "Thanos" of this cinematic universe. (Speaking of which, What if Thrawn has turned Ezra to helping him out, and Luke also comes into play??? This could be the OG Thrawn trilogy coming to life again.)

Anyways back to Grogu - after all of that resolves they could close the overall story out with Din retired on that planet, and Grogu showing uo having left the Jedi, choosing to return to his father after getting some training and saving him from the fate of Luke's students at the new Jedi temple.