Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectYep. All that.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=739717&mesg_id=740052
740052, Yep. All that.
Posted by soulfunk, Fri Dec-11-20 11:25 AM
I don't even know how to express how dope this show is. They've figured out the perfect way to do Star Wars - getting dope directors and letting them execute their vision, while the overarching story is handled in a way that is cohesive and feels like Star Wars.

Each director has their own style elements that really come out. Rick Famuyiwa in this one killed it in this one...the dialogue was so good. You have the continuing evolution of Din coming to terms with what the Mandalorian creed even means - he's getting closer and closer to just doing away with the mask thing. And that conversation - absolute PERFECT way to use Bill Burr's humor in calling out the bs that he's fine going away from the creed when he needs to. Then you see the different fighting style in this episode with Din not in his armor...also a completely different style of directing action vs. Rodriguez last week or Filoni, or Bryce Dallas Howard, but all of these stylistic differences make sense.

I saw an interview with Robert Rodriguez about last week's episode. He was brought in to direct, and the script was already there but was short - but they had him fill it out with additional action. I'm wondering if that's common on this show, with some episodes being filled out with additional dialogue, and others additional action, but the overall story all having been handled by Favreau/Filoni so everything makes sense.

With all of yesterday's announcements, I hope they've learned that is the way to handle Star Wars - the overall vision needs to fit into the same universe. I've read that the Lucasfilm Story Group wasn't involved much at all with the sequel trilogy. It definitely sounds like it, with Favreau/Filoni having three series in this era that all tie in together.