Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI think you gotta let it play out...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=739717&mesg_id=739905
739905, I think you gotta let it play out...
Posted by soulfunk, Mon Nov-23-20 03:51 PM
>It's that I didn't expect this show to be the vehicle to
>explain how Rey could revive Ren, or wrap up loose ends from a
>cartoon that already ran 7 seasons, or explain where Snoke
>came from.

I'd be disappointed myself if this show turns into explaining where Snoke/Palpatine came from. I posted above that it could end up being connected in some way to the First Order, or it could end up being that Moff Gideon is on his own and trying to be the next Vader. The more I think of it, the more the latter is likely.

At this point in the timeline, the Imperial remnant that ended up becoming the First Order had already assembled after the Battle of Jakuu in the Unknown Regions. If Gideon is still out here in the Outer Rim though, he's not in that group and is more likely on his own trying to amass power.

I also don't think "tying up loose ends" from the Clone Wars will be a big focus at ALL here. But the Mandalorian angle is absolutely connected to Mando's story, and him finding out both who he is and what being a Mandalorian means seems to be the overall focus of the story.

If done right, the connections will work to make the Star Wars universe feel more expansive and "real". If done wrong, they make the universe seem more small. But judging how Filoni has handled connected story elements in the past I trust him.