Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectRE: This Is Us (Season 5)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=739696&mesg_id=740320
740320, RE: This Is Us (Season 5)
Posted by Oak27, Wed Jan-06-21 09:41 AM
I was not happy with Randall's mother being surprise alive (at least at the moment it was believed she died), so I'm at least thankful she's still not alive and waiting for an emotional reunion. That said, I'm actually interested in the ep next week moreso for background on her character, regardless if she lived or died after Randall was born, esp if it means we get more William. Meanwhile, they decided to make COVID a supporting character this season yet Randall is ready to fly to New Orleans in the middle of a pandemic? Not a good example for your constituents, Councilman Pearson!

When Kate/Mark was first teased (I think beginning of last season?) they really made it seem like it was going to be a lot *bigger* than it ended up being. He treated her like shit, locked her out of a cabin once, then when she tried to tell him she was pregnant/getting an abortion he showed how truly immature and what a piece of shit he was so she bounced. The whole confront Mark (who was conveniently living in SD) in the street scene was a little over the top. If this shit was bothering you for 20 years how was this never brought up before to Toby? Seems like "I had an abortion when I was younger" should maybe have come up at least once during their year or so of having trouble getting pregnant.

The Kevin/Madison stuff is hit or miss, this ep was a miss. What does Madison do for work that they need a nanny? Why is Kevin suddenly talking about countless trips to shoot in exotic countries when we've seen him leave LA like once for a movie in the last 4 years?

This is my least favorite season to date. The show was at it's best when it was linking the past with the present, but they are basically out of interesting "past" points it seems, and I'd much rather them focus on the future at this point.