Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectyou are very welcome
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=739625&mesg_id=739636
739636, you are very welcome
Posted by howisya, Thu Oct-15-20 04:14 PM
there's nothing to be sorry about either. there really are plenty of movies that blur the lines between horror and suspense or thriller. as stylez pointed out, The Vanishing is fantastic. if you like or are interested in korean movies, perhaps after the oscar wins for parasite this year, another movie i streamed years back on netflix and went on to buy was I Saw the Devil, which is deranged and amazing. when it comes to gripping movies about psychos and scary situations, it's almost splitting hairs to get into what is and isn't horror.

>I guess I should
>have really said supernatural horror. Those jump scares and
>paranormal stuff is really what I have come to have a disdain
>for.

that can definitely get formulaic. they must rake in money because every year those cheesy movies kept coming out. that doesn't mean some people aren't making them well, but it can be difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff.

>I was thinking about it and I loved George Romero's Living
>Dead series. Especially night and dawn.

yes, they are great, and those two are the high points. i also like day of, as it's basically a critique of government and military.