Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI’m pretty invested in a ton of open story lines at this point.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=739505&mesg_id=740772
740772, I’m pretty invested in a ton of open story lines at this point.
Posted by soulfunk, Fri Feb-19-21 01:08 PM
I believe there are 2 episodes left and there’s still plenty of ground to cover.

They’ve revealed Agnes as Agatha, but how much is she controlling and what is her actual goal?

With Wanda, similar question - how much is she controlling, and where does she fall on the victim/villain spectrum?

With Pietro I thought he was a one episode red herring, but with him showing up in the post-credit scene we still have no idea who he actually is, why he’s there, how he will end up, etc.

Wanda’s twins - right now they are missing - are they under Agatha’s control? Are they part of her entire plan here? Will they survive outside of the hex after the show?

Monica - she now has her powers, but she doesn’t fully know that yet or understand how to use them. Will it happen during this show? Why did she fall out with Captain Marvel? Who is her engineer contact?

Darcy is inside the hex but not currently under it’s control. She’ll probably find some way to communicate with Jimmy Woo outside the hex to help Monica. But can Wanda or Agatha feel that Darcy isn’t being controlled?

Vision - he knows that he’s in a reality created by Wanda, but he doesn’t know about what he Agnes/Agatha reveal or what will have to happen. I thought the convo Darcy explaining to him his own backstory was telling - his consciousness was created by Stark as Jarvis, his physical form by Ultron to control humans, he was destroyed by Thanos to get the mind stone, had his body experimented on by SWORD to try to create new weapons, and has now been “resurrected” by Wanda because she refused to let him go and move on past her trauma. So he’s never had any agency on his own existence (besides the one moment he told Wanda to kill him to save half the universe, but this was quickly undone by Thanos before killing him again.) I think that at a climactic point of this show he’ll end up having some kind of option of “living” on, or sacrificing himself to save Wanda and others, and that’s how he gains agency and closure.

The one issue I have with the show is the timeline - it happens before Spider-Man: Far from Home which means that whatever happens here doesn’t end up having a big impact on the MCU would itself. We have all the above questions for these characters, but at the end of the day the world itself will be okay.

I think the show has done a great job of keeping us guessing the entire season, while revealing along the way times we were right, and times we err completely wrong - and that’s made it fun to keep watching on a weekly basis in a way that the MCU couldn’t really do before just through films.