Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectThis was great, feel me?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=739172&mesg_id=739224
739224, This was great, feel me?
Posted by navajo joe, Thu Aug-13-20 09:10 AM
Thanks so much for the recommendation. I totally saw this purely off your recommendation and was not disappointed.

It's not perfect and probably needed better modulation of its quieter moments and the non-stop energy of the first half which is a lot of characters yelling at each other. That said, it's funny as shit and really sweet.

TJ is a great character because he's not a buffoon. He's smart, he's talented, he's hard-working and he loves his family but he also just can't put it together and his hemmed up in a system designed to give him no breaks and no real second chances.

Regina Hall is a comedy god. There relationship in the film is one we rarely see, two people with a history and an attraction but also a deep friendship. Their initial job hunt and the way they go from antagonizing each other to having a great time together was so sweet.

Tami, his mom and his nephew are all fantastic.

This should become a low-key cult classic. There are so many fucking quotables that i can't wait to slip into casual conversation.