Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI hate that movie largely because I despise S. Craig Zahler's racist ass
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=739160&mesg_id=739246
739246, I hate that movie largely because I despise S. Craig Zahler's racist ass
Posted by navajo joe, Sun Aug-16-20 09:56 PM
You can tell he's a piece of shit from the movies he makes and the books he writes.

That and being Dallas Sonnier's standard bearer for right-wing exploitation films.

I generally don't have a principled issue w/ regressive cinema or even reactionary cinema of the past (see: The original 'Death Wish') but in these days and times I don't truck with it.

I hope he's in director's jail for abysmal last film ("Dragged Across Concrete" and the fact that Sonnier's company is in deep shit for covering up sexual assault. If Zahler never works again I'm all for it.

Fuck him and fuck his movies.

That said, Bone Tomahawk is the certainly best film he made mostly because it's not terrible in terms of craft for the first two acts before it devolves into his trademark relentless edgelord gorgy.

One could say I have strong feelings about Zahler.