Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectit's helped make basic cable even more of a wasteland
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=738824&mesg_id=738825
738825, it's helped make basic cable even more of a wasteland
Posted by howisya, Wed May-27-20 10:10 AM
Search Party was one of the few shows on cable i watched. years after the last season finale without a cancellation, i kept wondering where the next season was and finally checked on it a few days ago. it's been moved from TBS to this, scheduled for release this summer. The Detour on the same network was another show i liked that was officially canceled but was right away hoped to continue on here. i haven't seen any confirmation that it was picked up. TBS' sister station, TNT, had another show i liked, The Alienist. again, i kept wondering where the next season was because despite appearing to be a limited series it was renewed for a second season long ago and at one of the award shows at the top of the year dakota fanning was introduced as from the upcoming season named something or other. i'm expecting this to get moved to hbo max to build up its content to compete with netflix, prime, hulu, and apple.

same with "fx on hulu." i'd love to watch Devs, etc. i can't *justify* another streaming service even if i can afford it, simply because there isn't enough time to watch what i want to watch now to get sucked into original programming on another streamer. it irritates me that fx would produce quality programming and make it exclusive to a streaming service. i don't understand why if they can't/won't air it then at least make it part of their video on demand and fx app for people who are paying to subscribe to their channel.

every media company getting into the streaming game signals the end for scripted basic cable shows more so than network tv, which was already a wasteland but won't run out of junk that people who watch network tv will pass the time with.