Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectBut that’s the thing, the people I’ve seen liking it AREN’T
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=738766&mesg_id=741035
741035, But that’s the thing, the people I’ve seen liking it AREN’T
Posted by soulfunk, Mon Mar-29-21 06:37 AM
just the regular DC stans M or people who have anti-MCU agendas. Maybe it’s just me - but in the couple Reddit subs I follow on movies, my personal friends, and even in this post the people I’ve seen liking the Snyder cut aren’t just those typical people you’d expect to be backing DCEU stuff.

Again, I haven’t gotten past 30 minutes of it yet because it feels like such a chore to watch. Also as I think through it, it makes sense that there’s be a strong divide here because the original was universally panned, and this version is so much different - it’s really unusual to have a new version of a movie come out which is so drastically different (not just a director’s cut.) So it makes sense that some people would be impressed - regardless of it being good or bad - just because it’s either better than the original or because they are impressed with how different it is.

All that being said, the divide I’m is still around 70/30 against it. It’s just interesting to me that the 30% REALLY like it.