Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectThis cut makes Steppenwolf better, and Darkseid worse
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=738766&mesg_id=740999
740999, This cut makes Steppenwolf better, and Darkseid worse
Posted by spenzalii, Thu Mar-25-21 12:50 PM
Here, you get more motivation for Stapleman (that's what my wife called him looking at his costume), which makes him less generic. Not sure how he's getting 50,000 worlds, but....whatever. His glowing eye 'rage mode' did no good though as he got punched, heat visioned, impaled and decapitated. everybody has to have something to do, I guess.

But Darkseid though...

Making him the one that lost the battle of the old world doesn't make him look good. Yeah he Omega beams a Lantern, but he gets hit with a bunch of lightning blasts, arrows to the chest (which Stapleman snapped off with his armor, BTW), and chopped in the shoulder by one of King Arthur's men, maybe? Then gets dragged back to his ship by his cronies, leaves the Motherboxes, and forgets where this world is that he took his biggest L? Nah son. You ain't a killa.

Bringing in the anti-life equation makes it even worse. This has always been the thing Darkseid wants more than anything else. He's going to forget (or, maybe never know) it was on the same place he got his ass beat? Better still, he's going to let his lackey, who they don't trust and believe in, get the one thing he wants most in the universe? The hell with the boxes, I'm coming to get that equation myself.

There's plenty of other stuff that doesn't work, like attacking earth now that Supes is dead, but there was a SHITLOAD of time between Darkseid getting his ass beat and Superman showing up on earth as a baby when he could have gone back and torn the earth a new one with nothing to stop him. But that's more to the core of the story problem of this movie, which the Snider cut or the Josstice League cut still has