Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectIt's... not good. At all.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=738766&mesg_id=740976
740976, It's... not good. At all.
Posted by mrhood75, Tue Mar-23-21 04:24 PM
So self-serious. So... much... slow... motion... So little of just about everything else.

I came into this was no frame of reference, meaning that I've never seen the WB-approved Whedon cut of the movie. And the central argument that lots of people seem to be advancing is that this version is good because the other one sucked. Well, all I know is that this sucks just fine on its own.

There are many, many problems with it, but the aforementioned self-seriousness of it all really stands out right now. Comic book movies can be serious movie. Superhero movies can be serious movies. But they should be serious in a way that's interesting or compelling, and this... was not. It's mostly just overlong with way too many shitty music cues. And the nightmare section near the end served no real purpose either.

So, hooray for Snyder for getting to realize his "artistic vision," I guess. The guy may love Ayn Rand, but still seems to have a tenuous grasp on superheroes. And I imagine the lesson anyone is going to take from this is toxic fanbases can get rewarded if they whine enough.