Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectFinal analysis: How do you like chit'lins?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=738766&mesg_id=740954
740954, Final analysis: How do you like chit'lins?
Posted by spenzalii, Fri Mar-19-21 09:44 PM
Some people enjoy chit'lins. Others don't have the taste for them. Those that do love them claim the reason those that don't like chit'lins is because they haven't had them prepared right. They need to have Grandma Ethadel's chit'lins, because she soaks them for a week, brines them in buttermilk, marinades them in vinegar, serves them with fresh collards and her homemade hot sauce and diabetes level sweet tea. And those people wait all year to get to Grandma's house and enjoy every moment of her culinary experience.

But they're still eating pig guts.

For the record, I am not a fan of chitterlings, at all. Never had been, never will. And this isn't to say that Zack Snider's Justice League is as unpalatable to be as pig intestines, because not much is that bad. But, no matter who directed, re-wrote, re-shot, re-edited this movie, be it Wheden, Snider, or any of the myriad WB execs that had their hand in making both products what they were, you have the same basic movie at it's core, and the same flaws in story. Snider's version makes it a more coherent movie, but it doesn't make it a better movie by any means. As happy as DC and Snider fanboys will be they finally have their best version of the film, sitting through FOUR FREAKING HOURS of film is not going to change anybody's mind if they didn't like or didn't care about the Wheden version. I don't think there's much vindication in Snider's vision for the DCEU, nor do I think there's a change this movie will swing WB/DC's plans for the characters going forward or garner enough fan support to even entertain the thought. I've got more on the details, but will hold off for now. I've got Falcon & Winter Soldier to watch.

But I will say this: The Snider cut could easily have been 3 hours if the cut out SO MUCH F*CKING SLO MO. I'll watch a movie worth of JJ Abram's style lens flare before I sit through anything like that again.