Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectYea exactly. That's why saying "it ranks near the bottom"
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=738668&mesg_id=738929
738929, Yea exactly. That's why saying "it ranks near the bottom"
Posted by Brew, Mon Jun-15-20 07:53 PM
>RE: there isn't a bad season

... I only mean that it's not my favorite. But I still love it and think it's great. Because they all are. lol

>I think S2 has the most traditionally "mafia" storylines: Big
>Pussy's wiretap, Furio's introduction, Richie April coming out
>of the can, the two dunces Matt and Sean trying to come up...

Yep - all really good storyline.

>...balanced by "Sopranos" storylines: Janice's introduction,
>Chris going to Hollywood, AJ coming of age and rejecting
>Catholicism, Junior on house arrest

See I hate Janice with the heat of a trillion suns, so that doesn't help my thoughts about it.

I also noticed the one major inconsistency in the storytelling: at the end of S1 Tony mentioned that they'd sold his mother's house. In S2 he claims it's still on the market and there's no explanation for what happened to that initial buyer. So that annoyed me. Probably more than it should have haha but it stuck out in what was otherwise a near-flawless show in terms of writing and storytelling/consistency.

>they cram a lot in that season. S3 is my second favorite,
>behind S5.

Wow so S5 is your favorite ? I don't think I'd ever heard that from anyone. But I love it, too.

Come to think of it I don't think I've ever actually ranked the seasons. I love them all so I just kinda speak in generalities (i.e. "near the bottom") rather than trying to parse it out. I still don't know if I could.