Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectso tragic
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=738405&mesg_id=738798
738798, so tragic
Posted by mashpg89, Sun May-24-20 04:14 PM
Don't think I can watch the rest of the season now, might have to even tap out on the show unless they make some huge changes. The whole appeal of the show was its representation of Japanese culture and wholesomeness but in the latest season they've gone away from that in favor of more international cast and drama. Well, this is what can come from that, especially when they have a panel of comedians criticizing the housemates every move and shaming them for their actions.

Real problem is internet trolls. People need to realize their anonymous hate on the internet still has consequences. Total lack of empathy. I think it's even worse in Japan because the Japanese are much more respectful and reserved in public that some people use social media as an outlet to go crazy and spew hate.

Not sure how Terrace House can come back from this. They'll at least need to have psych evaluations to screen candidates and then counseling while they're in the house and after they leave. Plus tone down the criticism from the panel and the focus on creating drama. Japan is so far behind with mental health awareness that I'm thinking they won't be able to address this appropriately and should consider just canceling the whole show.