Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI love me some TH
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=738405&mesg_id=738571
738571, I love me some TH
Posted by mashpg89, Fri Apr-24-20 12:16 PM
Watch it with my girlfriend and we pause to break everything down like the couch cast. Then I call my cousin and we do the same. They've really perfected the "strangers in a house" reality TV show. Nobody blatantly acting out, no stupid challenges, just six different personalities interacting together with a bunch of people criticizing their every move.

I didn't see Ryo being an instagram hoe haha. He was definitely on there to promote his personal brand, but hey, everybody else is too. They're just not as blatant about it.

Can't believe Yamachan doesn't have subtitles on his YouTube channel. Really missed the older male couch cast member for Part 3. I read he's in a scandal for not paying taxes, which is considered incredibly selfish and sacrilegious in Japan.

What did you think of Part 3 if you watched it? Here were some of my thoughts:

- Interesting how they've added a lot more international or "haffu" housemates this season. I get that they're now an international show but part of the charm for me was always watching genuine Japanese people interact to better understand their culture. That being said, Giuseppe was a nice story, though he sadly had no game and bad taste in women. Vivi I'm not too big a fan of. She got played by Ryo. End of story, time to pack your bags because you're not doing anything else now.

- Poor Tupas. Dude was a 90 year old trapped in a twenty year old's body but still a nice guy still trying to get over his childhood traumas and just looking for love. Foolishly put all his effort into Emika, the phoniest girl on the show desperately trying to repair her image from the Twitter attacks. She agreed to be his girlfriend just to change her reputation and was even flirting with the new guy in front of Tupas on her way out. Guarantee you she broke up with him in the taxi ride out of there.

- Hana wants any kind of romantic connection but I don't think Kai is going to be the one to give it to her. I'll be happy with no more comedy sets from Kai though. Those are painful to watch. I mean, I'm all for dark humor but it has to be funny. Dude just doesn't have it at all. I would tell him don't quit your day job, but he doesn't have one so...hopefully he has a wake-up moment before he leaves.

- New guy is creepy. The panelist You pegged him perfectly when she said he's a guy who never had luck with the ladies until the past few years when he had professional success and now he's trying to make up for lost time. He's got a weird way of going about it though, not that Yume seems to mind.

- Yume is gorgeous btw. Might be the most attractive cast member I've seen on TH. Hope she doesn't fall for the creepy boss man but between him, a lost guy throwing bad jokes to the wind, and a tall boy who might not have hit puberty yet, she doesn't have many options.

- Although TH has taken steps in becoming less homophobic and xenophobic with their casting decisions, it's still kinda annoying to see them avoid the topic and coverage of sex at all costs. Like Ryo and Emika go out on a filmed date, and she comes back without earrings while the panelists speculate that they went to a love hotel. That's a juicy bit of gossip that should have been confirmed but they don't do it to protect the housemates or keep sex a taboo topic. Give us the tea as they say.

- There are only 4 episodes left after Part 3 before it got shut down to Corona. I guess that'll be how this season ends, sadly. I can't watch it because I need Spanish subtitles but I know the episodes are already out there on the internet.