Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectRE: What you watching??? (quarantine edition)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=738405&mesg_id=738425
738425, RE: What you watching??? (quarantine edition)
Posted by howisya, Fri Apr-10-20 09:15 PM
i finally got around to the last season of This Is Life With Lisa Ling (cnn docuseries; anyone remember her from channel one news?)... usual goodness

i also even more belatedly watched the cbs summer 2016 satire/political drama/sci-fi/horror/romcom BrainDead, which was even better than i expected and still sadly relevant

perhaps even more finally finally i finished watching shout's The Best Of The Electric Company boxed set. very creative program for its time and still amusing now even outside of its intended audience.

i watched Chewing Gum. that was funny.

i've not been in the mood much this week to watch tv, but i'm trying to take advantage of this free month of showtime i have. i started by finally watching Listen To Me Marlon, which was great. i've also been watching Desus & Mero starting at the beginning (6 episodes in so far). i don't really know them, yet i feel proud for them. it's great seeing the bigger budget and the ever more illustrious guests. i really loved the viceland version of the show. i'm a year behind, but they don't seem to be going at trumpito the same way; i wonder why? other than this, my focus is on finally watching Sleeper Cell. i'm 3 episodes in. i've wanted to see this since it aired. so far it hasn't quite lived up to my expectations; it's a subtle show, but i think it may have been underwritten, or maybe i'm unfairly judging by 2020 standards. it's great seeing michael ealy in an early starring role regardless.