Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectdidn't like it as much as previous seasons
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=738165&mesg_id=738355
738355, didn't like it as much as previous seasons
Posted by Mynoriti, Fri Apr-03-20 11:27 PM
but i had trouble focusing this week so i may give it another round.

i was fully engaged by the end, and i thought the last 2 eps were so fire that it made me want to start over. I found myself wishing some of this stuff happened sooner. And damn, Nelson didn't keep his word about the warning lol.

I hated Ben, almost to the point he was the jar jar of this season for me. I wanted to kill him myself. The frustration ultimately works because we see how it drives Wendy to break.

Mostly character's i didn't like so much served to play off the ones i do. I wasn't crazy about the FBI agent, but I liked watching Marty trying to find a lane with her. I hated the addition of yet another angsty teenage daughter, but the added layer to Helen as a mom trying to insulate her was pretty interesting.

i disagree with reeq that the locals should be more sidelined. I'm a big fan of Ruth, and her delivery of "bitch wolf" was the most seamless line of the series. as much as i didn't like Ben, it was nice seeing her let her guard down.

Wyatt and Darlene.. that shit was just too weird for words, but somehow 100% believable. I miss the Snells as a couple tho

Not crazy about the dude who played Navarro. i really miss Esai Morales. That final scene tho. damn.

I expected more KC mob than a few scenes with the father, and jerk-off son and his friends.

probably the best acted season all around. but my least favorite