Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectGreyhound (Aaron Schneider, 2020)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=738157
738157, Greyhound (Aaron Schneider, 2020)
Posted by j0510, Sat Mar-07-20 09:23 PM
In the early days of WWII, an international convoy of 37 Allied ships, led by captain Ernest Krause (Tom Hanks) in his first command of a U.S. destroyer, crosses the treacherous North Atlantic while hotly pursued by wolf packs of Nazi U-boats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyzxu26-Wqk
739089, it was good enough
Posted by RobOne4, Mon Jul-20-20 04:45 AM
nothing much on this one though. Its pretty cut and dry. Takes place over the course of a couple of days. You dont learn about any of the characters other than Hanks. Still you dont learn much about him either. The film felt really claustrophobic and I felt like I was in the submarine. That was cool. It had some really tense moments. I got lost in a lot of the military speak. It was almost like watching a video on Navy S.O.P at times. Explain that shit for those of us who havent worked in a submarine. Anyway this is a good watch if you have 90 minutes to burn. Nothing special but enjoyable.
739094, RE: it was good enough
Posted by Nopayne, Mon Jul-20-20 10:53 AM
I agree, but it also doesn't really have a climax. The "big" scene happens and then the movie is pretty much over.
739100, RE: it was good enough (spoilers)
Posted by RobOne4, Mon Jul-20-20 05:12 PM
Yeah. It kind of starts quickly and ends just as quickly. Like they build up the wolf pack subs hunting them. Also the sub captain talking over the intercom the whole time. Then they don’t make it clear that he was the sub they sank. It was a weird watch. I enjoyed what I saw. Wasn’t crazy about it. But it was a fun 90minutes. Easily forgettable. If it’s on cable in 2 years I’ll probably put it on for background noise.
739102, its already on Apple TV+...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Wed Jul-22-20 03:40 AM
..still haven't found the time to check it out, but I'm sure I will.

*skatin' the rings of saturn*

..and miles to go before i sleep...
739416, this was pretty good.
Posted by Reeq, Tue Sep-08-20 02:06 AM
got right into the action and didnt let up.

not a lot of fat here. it breezes by pretty quickly. i was kinda surprised when it was over.