Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectGood place setting episode.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=737999&mesg_id=738064
738064, Good place setting episode.
Posted by mrhood75, Mon Feb-24-20 01:16 AM
I actually think Saul Goodman is an interesting character, so I'm happy that we're finally really getting into Saul being Saul and getting his name out there. And as goofy as the fake "press ambush" of the DA was, it's definitely something Saul would do.

And, as the episode demonstrated, Kim really can't get on a high horse. She may try to tell Jimmy that Saul is beneath him, but when Jimmy proposed that the two open another office together, she fleed immediately to the big firm. And this episode, she did exactly what Saul suggested.

Of course Gus had a super-involved plan to deal with Lalo. And of course that's not going to be the end of it between the two of them. The only thing I didn't like was Mike telling Gus to fuck off. Look, we know how it's going to end up, but stretching things out is getting to be a tired Gilligan move.

And as alluded to above response, the Omaha stuff was great. Very bittersweet seeing Robert Forster. I just really don't want to wait another year or so to find out if Gene goes and kills that taxi driver.