Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI have more of an issue with her murdering those people in
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=737905&mesg_id=741137
741137, I have more of an issue with her murdering those people in
Posted by soulfunk, Mon Apr-12-21 08:10 AM
the building than with the hesitation when she accidentally killed Lemar. They are positioning her and the Flag Smashers to be sympathetic characters, and for that to work if she was gonna bomb a building they needed to give more of a reason to not believe she was straight up cold blooded. All we got was the small reaction from the henchman dude, and her saying that it was the only language they would understand.

I think this issue is because of the missing vaccine/pandemic plot that I posted about up above. There is a lot in this show that is unexplained or uneven because it looks like they did rewrites/reshoots to take that out since we have a real pandemic in real life. (How did Mama Donya actually die? They sad tuberculosis at one point but it was a clear overdub. Why were they smuggling vaccines at the beginning?)

Being a bit shook after killing Lemar makes sense first because that wasn't the intention. That entire fight was the Flag Smashers on defense because fake Cap came in ready to take them down. They weren't specifically attacking fake Cap and the crew, but trying to escape. They also are still getting used to being super soldiers, and there are times when they aren't fully aware of their strength. The punch that killed Lemar was intended for fake Cap who had shown that he was enhanced by that point, not Lemar. The Flag Smashers instantly knew once seeing Lemar was dead that they had effed up - that's why they immediately got the heck out of there.