Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectSolid, not great. But my god Agnes is the worst
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=737791&mesg_id=738310
738310, Solid, not great. But my god Agnes is the worst
Posted by calminvasion, Sat Mar-28-20 02:06 PM
She’s badly written, but I also think the actress just isn’t very good. And especially when she seems to be setup as the comic relief in many instances, and it fell flat every time.

Really thought the last scene, with introducing the implied, out of nowhere, romantic link between Rafi and 7of9 + the reunion of rios and Agnes was a bad choice to end it. Could have left that out completely. The latter especially because the Rios/Agnes thing was probably the most poorly executed aspect of the season.

But looks like we are stuck with her for season 2.

On the bright side, I think the actress playing Soji and her different permutations was great.

I also think I appreciate how Patrick Stewart is playing this, with extreme vulnerability. But It’s still feels unsettling. But it’s 25-30 years later, and it really plays well on the theme of the finiteness of organic life and the inescapability of old age. To that point, I loved his facial expressions when the told him they didn’t upgrade or supercharge him in any way when they put him in the new body. As an aside, what a cyse that that was a one time thing and they can’t replicate that again and make it a more broadly available thing