Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectThat was kinda weird.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=737791&mesg_id=737948
737948, That was kinda weird.
Posted by stravinskian, Fri Feb-07-20 05:27 PM
Maybe the idea is it was dropped by one of the guys our heroes had just handled. That wouldn't really make sense, though, because it would mean she ran in to the fracas. I assume it was just a trope for comic effect, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if they engaged in misdirection with some of the characters. They certainly did that with Discovery (for that reason I kinda doubt they'd do it here; but if the whole season is gonna be about the Tal Shiar...).

Great ep, though.

Speaking of plants: this might be obvious and it might just be a stylistic device. But there are flowers, especially orchids, all over the place in this show. Dahj/Soji's dad is an orchid expert (Bruce Maddox's new profession? Or do the people who Dahj and Soji consider their parents even exist?). Dahj has a variety named after her. There were some weird moving orchids in Dahj's apartment. Picard was arranging flowers before the doctor arrived. And then in ep 3, whatsername plucked something out of an orchid and smoked it. I think there were more examples I'm forgetting. Don't know if it means anything but I'm watching for it now.

Also, after we found out that Maddox is supposedly on "Freecloud" I'm sure I wasn't the only person to look up the lyrics to the Bowie song (Wild Eyed Boy From Freecloud) to see if there might be clues in it about what's ahead. I imagine the reference is intentional. It looks like they're gonna meet their swordsman friend there, but I don't remember him having particularly wild eyes.