Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI forgot about some of those, but disagree about PC
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=737779&mesg_id=737819
737819, I forgot about some of those, but disagree about PC
Posted by BigWorm, Fri Jan-24-20 07:42 AM
It's easy for some people to talk about political correctness ruining movies and TV nowadays, but maybe you weren't around in the when it was cool to use blatantly racist, sexist, homophobic and transphobic language. I don't mean in a way like Always Sunny or Family Guy where it's funny because it's so wrong. I mean using the N-word or outright homophobic words (not just "that's gay" but the f-word), treating trans people like freaks, or jokes about straight up beating women.

I'm not even exaggerating.

You should look up the term political correctness, if you haven't before. It means more than just tiptoeing around race, sex and gender so you don't offend anyone, which is how it's framed by conservatives. It was totally out of control and the term was brought back in the 90s to poke fun at people who were offended at legit hateful material.

Look, I'm all for raunchy ass humor. But it's all laughs until your own people get put on blast.

Sorry to go on a rant. Anyway yeah What We Do in The Shadows is my shit right there.