Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectUpon evaluation and reflection, here's my real list: (definitely screwed up before)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=737393&mesg_id=737695
737695, Upon evaluation and reflection, here's my real list: (definitely screwed up before)
Posted by phenompyrus, Sat Jan-11-20 10:29 AM
I'll chalk it up to not being posting for a long time...

The Top 10 (in no particular order):

Game of Thrones... Before S8, this was slated to be my favorite all-time. Now it sits just outside the Top 5 of that list. But up until S8, this is the most entertaining and engaging TV show I've ever seen (even including S7, some of the show's best moments fall into that season). With such a deep history and cast of characters, constant jaw-dropping moments, world-building... I can only imagine what would have been had they nailed the ending, but I cannot forget the path in getting there in the first place.

Black Mirror... When even the weaker episodes are good fun, you know something special is afoot. The best episodes are some of the best episodes of TV I've ever seen, period (my favorites are The National Anthem, San Junipero, USS Callister, Nosedive, and Striking Vipers). I think this might already be a Top 10 all-timer.

Better Call Saul... I once said that this show was on a trajectory to be better than BB; whether that is true or not remains to be seen, but this show is so much better than I thought it would be, and I look forward to each and every episode. One of the few I go out of my way to catch right away with each new release.

The Leftovers... Damon Lindelof's masterpiece as of right now until Watchmen catches up, however long that runs until. S1 was good, S2 and S3 were out-fucking-standing.

This Is Us... Not my normal TV show watching, but I'll be damned if this isn't one of the most consistently entertaining shows of all-time much less the last 10 years.

The Good Place... How could I forget this?? Great concept, great cast, great characters, with every episode changing things up, post-credits scenes that actually play into the next episode's story, I love this.

Mindhunter... The character building is nearly unmatched. I binged this all just recently and instantly fell in love with it. I cannot wait to see what else this show (apparently 5 seasons total are planned) has up it's sleeve.

Watchmen... Even after just one season, this is simply astounding comic book TV at the height of live-action comic book entertainment. I was left stunned throughout, and adding the legacy characters only made the show better.

Rick and Morty... I really hope this can maintain top-notch episodes as the show approaches the future. So far, it's been incredibly well-written and entertaining.

Daredevil... I suspect that these Marvel Netflix shows will get overlooked as time goes on, which is a shame, b/c regularly released R-rated MCU content was overall pretty good, especially Daredevil.

Honorable Mentions:

Impractical Jokers... It's a guilty pleasure to watch these guys crack each other up. And it came out in 2011!

Stranger Things... I'm not as big on this as other people, and I do believe it is slightly overrated, but that does not change the fact that the show is also awesome.

Agents of SHIELD... Not always great, but I've stuck it out, and S4 is outstanding.

Ozark... Very similar to BB, but still entertaining nonetheless.

The Mandalorian... This might be the best SW has been since the OG trilogy.

True Detective... Can't say enough about S1; I even liked S2 more than most did. STILL haven't caught S3 yet though :-/