Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectSome shows I haven't seen mentioned yet.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=737393&mesg_id=737614
737614, Some shows I haven't seen mentioned yet.
Posted by inpulse, Fri Jan-03-20 04:05 PM
My picks would likely just repeat others already discussed, so instead I'll recognize some of my favorites that haven't been mentioned yet.

Chef's Table and Parts Unknown - Two shows with so much more depth than you would expect from typical food TV. Both beautiful to look at, and - for me, at least - worthy of many a rewatch.

Hell on Wheels - The first season was pretty boring, but after that it really took off. Unfortunately by then, it was too late, and the show never really got the recognition it deserved. If I'm honest with myself, I probably enjoyed this more than Deadwood.

Wallander - Another beautifully shot show. Among the many, many European mystery shows I watched in the 10s, this was my favorite. (I just looked this up and it started in '08, but I'll leave it as it didn't end until '16.)

Parks and Recreation - Another show where the first season wasn't very good, but once it found its footing, it was perfect. Some truly memorable characters.

The Leftovers - I've said this here recently, but the second and third seasons of this show are two of the best seasons of any show I've ever seen. A show where I truly didn't know what to expect every week.

Hannibal - Far exceeds the move franchise. An amazing show that deserved to keep going, even though I have no idea how this was on network TV. When I think of Hannibal Lecter now, I don't think of Anthony Hopkins.

Happy Endings - This show was fucking hilarious and the cast had such great chemistry. I can only recall disliking one episode of the entire series.

The Fall - Probably my second favorite Euro mystery of the decade. I can't believe this guy went on to do those 50 Shades movies after this. Gillian Anderson was remarkable.

The Haunting of Hill House and Sex Education - Two that I wanted to mention, despite only having a season apiece right now. Two of my favorites from recent memory.

I'll stop there. I'm realizing I watched way too much TV this past decade...