Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectMines
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=737393&mesg_id=737509
737509, Mines
Posted by handle, Thu Dec-26-19 11:36 AM
Stuff I liked:
(Tie) - Adventure Time and Rick and Morty - These are the same show - one's just written by an alcoholic (well 2 alcoholics.)

Bob's Burgers - Very comforting and very funny. But I do think the first 4 seasons are funnier than the current seasons.

CW superhero stuff (Flash, Arrow, DC Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, Batwoman, Black Lightning.) Some is lighthearted and fun - some are over dramatic violent soap operas - but the crossover episodes are excellent.

BoJack Horseman - This show is funny and somehow makes you liek watching these very flawed (and sometimes jsut bad) people.

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver - A comedy news show that actually spends more than 10 minutes on a single subject. Maybe it's training people how to pay attention for a little longer.

Limitless - Spin off from a stupid movie - and the first 3-4 episodes were dreck. But they leaned into having fun with it and by the end it was fun. I predict this would have been a hit if it was on Showtime and could curse and have more sex.

Atlanta - Brought a new tone and color to TV comedy.

Legion - The first episode could have been lengthened by 30 minutes and this would have been a hit movie.

Watchmen - Very Satisfying - we've talked this one to death.

--

Shows that capture how bad the U.S. is -
Louie - Even before the #metoo revelation Louie was a miserable fucking person. I honestly though he was going to commit suicide.

American Pickers - Two dues buy garbage from the mentally ill and resell it for huge profits.

GOT - Sex and Violence, Sex and Violence, Sex and Violence me Can't Take It

2 Broke girls - Sure they are very attractive laddies - but these jokes were all short and brutish.

The Voice, et. al - several episodes a season making fun of people with hope and dreams but not raw talent - then dozens of episodes of soulless karaoke.

The Blacklist - A very pretty lady and a very talented James Spader is pure dreck.

Blue Bloods - Tom Seleck has played this conservative wet dream fantasy Police Commissioner of new York longer than he played Magnum. If your family member voted for Trump they likely watched this. Typical episode: The police do something wrong or awful. There's good discussion between the peopel who call them out for it and the police. The police are judged to be 100% correct.

Scorpion - Nerds with severe mental issues save the world each episode. Pretty lady in it tho.

God Friended Me - There's always a GOD show on - but the premise that God uses Facebook is just pure shit.

--
Pure shit
All reality shows.

All competition shows EXCEPT Penn and Teller's Fool Us - which is more of a showcase than a competition.

Fox news.

All shows about serial killers.

All true-crime podcasts.

The politically correct people (20%) and the pushback from assholes (80%.)