Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectA Quiet Place: Part II (John Krasinski, 2020)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=737344
737344, A Quiet Place: Part II (John Krasinski, 2020)
Posted by j0510, Wed Dec-18-19 10:13 PM
March 20, 2020

Teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbynQn2_0RU
737542, why?
Posted by wrecknoble, Sat Dec-28-19 12:54 PM
737545, $$$
Posted by Innocent Criminal, Sat Dec-28-19 06:17 PM
737549, Yep
Posted by Nick Has a Problem...Seriously, Sat Dec-28-19 08:18 PM
737554, looking fwd to Birdbox Part 2: More Birds, Less Boxes
Posted by wrecknoble, Sun Dec-29-19 03:03 PM
737586, My thoughts exactly
Posted by pretentious username, Tue Dec-31-19 09:15 PM
The first one was an alright movie with a pretty dumb twist at the end. They’d have to do a LOT to make the sequel interesting to me.
737591, A Quiet Place Part II - Official Trailer
Posted by j0510, Wed Jan-01-20 10:14 AM
A Quiet Place Part II - Official Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEMwSdne6UE
737593, Damn good trailer
Posted by navajo joe, Wed Jan-01-20 10:59 AM
I enjoyed the first but not enough to be anticipating the second. I am now anticipating the second.
737651, ha i am in the same boat
Posted by RobOne4, Tue Jan-07-20 05:35 PM
I avoided this trailer because i did not enjoy the first one. I was kind of let down by it. So I was like nope im not even going to click the post. Not getting suckered into it again. Finally did it and here I am waiting for the next one. FUCK ME.
737594, that looks great.
Posted by Reeq, Wed Jan-01-20 01:27 PM
like navajoe joe...i liked the 1st one...but not enough to justify the hype or be interested in a sequel.

that trailer changes that. this looks like it could be better than the 1st.
737647, Wow this looks good!!!
Posted by KnowOne, Tue Jan-07-20 01:54 PM
nm
741406, Loved it!!!
Posted by jffrsn, Sun May-30-21 12:33 AM
Carries the story forward and works great as a standalone if you haven't seen the first one. Krazinsky mentioned in a Q&A last week that this is meant to be a trilogy. So far so good!
741492, It was good...I guess
Posted by BigWorm, Thu Jun-17-21 10:51 AM
I was tense for most of it, everyone acted well, and overall it was better than the first.

But it also felt pointless. By the end I felt like not much had developed. It was a clear transition to an inevitable (and hopefully better) third movie.
741529, Why did it feel pointless and like not much had developed?
Posted by Soldado, Mon Jun-28-21 07:44 AM
Felt pretty clear that the point was to show how humans discovered/developed the means to turn the tide on the alien invaders. It's the setup for the comeback (in part 3 I assume).
741528, It was cool. Felt kinda short with some minor issues with the ending.
Posted by Soldado, Mon Jun-28-21 07:39 AM
Spoilers ahead.

So one the monsters was on the boat they came over in and nobody noticed? How did that work? Was dude just hanging on the back and going along for ride? Or was that another boat that just happened to float it's way to the same island in a similar time span? It happened to land in a part of the island that was remote enough that nobody noticed it coming there...but close enough that Cilian Murphy could wander upon it and get back to the people right before the monster attacks? Why didn't the monster immediately get to chomping once it got to the island and heard everyone making noise? Why did he wait until mid day?

Also, why did Djimon Hounsou go through all of that just to get to the radio station and be like "I gotta go back and check on my kid"? He knew his kid was safe as long as the monster was at the radio station. That was the whole point of luring him there lol.

It was an otherwise pretty tight script. For some reason, I was kinda surprised they showed how the monsters got there. Because in the final trailer (and beginning of the movie), they kinda focused on the toy space shuttles in that store. I thought that was their way of cleverly alluding to the origin of the monsters so they weren't going to blatantly reveal it. Ohsawells. That was a cool ass "arrival" scene either way.

And why are these small white town cops in movies always black? Lol.
741550, RE: It was cool. Felt kinda short with some minor issues with the ending.
Posted by Mafamaticks, Fri Jul-02-21 03:03 PM
>Spoilers ahead.

>So one the monsters was on the boat they came over in and
>nobody noticed? How did that work?

Bruh I wish I knew.

>Also, why did Djimon Hounsou go through all of that just to
>get to the radio station and be like "I gotta go back and
>check on my kid"?

He didn't know if he lured him there or not. He didn't see the monster when he got out of the car, so he thought he hopped off and went back. Still kinda goofy

741551, RE: It was cool. Felt kinda short with some minor issues with the ending.
Posted by nuszik, Fri Jul-02-21 05:09 PM
741552, RE: It was cool. Felt kinda short with some minor issues with the ending.
Posted by nuszik, Fri Jul-02-21 05:12 PM
>Spoilers ahead.
>
>
Or was that another boat
>that just happened to float it's way to the same island in a
>similar time span?

^^this.

It was a different boat but the fact that it floated to the island within a day of them arriving was a bit dumb but of course not impossible