Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectIt wasn't great - but surprisingly - I ain't mad
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=737248&mesg_id=737462
737462, It wasn't great - but surprisingly - I ain't mad
Posted by handle, Mon Dec-23-19 01:29 PM
I'm mad at the prequel trilogy - but not this one.

I thought the forced symmetry of all story lines is still bad writing - to the point where Kylo said "We're a dyad." I guess he read a lot of English Lit major textbooks?

Not sure about Rey's dad and Mom - they were direct descendants of the emperor? But no powers? Just weird and sloppy.

Was the emporer a clone? or did he get away in ROTJ and then jsut tried to recover for 25 years?

I was LEGIT confused AF for the first 12 minutes - had no idea what was going on.

Why did they replace Rose with Jannah? That should have been Rose - I feel the in-cels got that point changed.

That lesbian kiss at the end was stupid too - seemed to be tossing things in for no reason. Address it in the stories or not at all - just seemed like it was placed there to say "Hey - we're not caving - see - a non-sensual kiss between two people of the same sex!"

Kerri Russel looked like Elctro Woman stole a Power Ranger's helmet.

Harrison Ford was a surprise - and I think he looked better - like he gained a little weight - or maybe- they de-aged him? He looked good.

But you know what - it was fine. It wasn't an EPIC story closing with a great finish - Sith and Jedi could not accomplish that either.