Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectugh (spoilers within)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=737248&mesg_id=737452
737452, ugh (spoilers within)
Posted by BigWorm, Mon Dec-23-19 07:53 AM
I like this film less and less the more I think about it.

The secret behind Rey's lineage was even worse than I expected. It's just bad. I thought the big twist would be that Rey and Kylo were twins separated at birth. At least that would have explained their complex connection despite being enemies. But this? It's almost the EXACT same twist as ESB, only you don't get any of the reaction from that. She doesn't even get a "NOOOOOOO!" moment.

That sucked. Instead of one McGuffin there were like four. Once again Finn was wasted. Everything they were building up in terms of a love story between Finn and Rey amounted to NOTHING. The last kiss was a final middle finger to anyone thinking Disney would be daring enough to show an interracial relationship in a Star Wars film (almost as an apology they throw in a random ass lesbian kiss with two side characters no one gives a shit about).

The big wild card this movie had was "How will they bring back Emperor Palpatine???" The answer is fuck you.

Not only that, but this drops a deuce on the whole Skywalker story. ANNAKIN WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE CHOSEN ONE. He was supposed to restore balance to the force. If the Emperor didn't die, then Annakin didn't do anything except toss an old man into a hole and give him whiplash.

There was so much bullshit in this movie. LOL at everyone who called The Last Jedi the worst Star Wars movie, because this was 1,000x worse (I enjoyed The Last Jedi). I want to say this was almost just as bad if not worse than Solo. The only thing I liked about it was Adam Driver's performance.

I hope Kevin Feige can save this franchise.