Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectI did not like this movie
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=737248&mesg_id=737433
737433, I did not like this movie
Posted by spenzalii, Sun Dec-22-19 01:29 AM
So much didn't make any sense and contradicted itself, let alone went against things set up in other movies. And some was just bad. Off the top of my head:

- Snope was a Palpetine clone?
- If Palpetine was pulling the strings, why are there two armies (First Order, which Snoke/Clone Palt ran and this new Final Order)?
- If Palpetine planned for Rey to meet in the Sith chamber, kill him, and absorb his power, why send Kylo Ben to kill her?
- The knife with a map to the tracking maguffin?
- What the HELL did Finn want to tell Rey? If he screamed her name one more time I was going to walk out
- Rose got the shaft
- 'I'm The Spy'. Ugh...
- Not sure what pissed me off more, that damn kiss, or that damn medal
- We go from Death Stars with planet killing rays, to Death Planets (that need to absorb the power of a star) with planet killing rays, to star destroyers with planet killing rays? I'm all for technology shrinking, but WTF?
- Lando may as well have said 'On your left...'. And why was he wearing a Captain Kirk tunic?
- 'I am all the SIth'. 'And I am all the Jedi'. 'And I am Iron Man'. Just.....
- Apparently, all you need to defeat a Sith lord is not one, but TWO light sabers. Who knew?
- That damn kiss. Yeah, that was worse than the medal. Just....why?

This didn't ruin my childhood, nor make me sign a petition for Disney to sell Lucasfilm, or want JJ's or KK's head on a spit. This clearly didn't have a story plan going in, which, as bad as they were, at least the prequels did. In doing so, you end up with a movie with dueling ideas with the last installment and in itself, and ham fisted fan service that felt more as a way to quell an angry bunch of nerds rather than a genuine nod to the fans of the series. It didn't make me angry, but I have no desire to see it again either.

That damn kiss, man...