Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectsome thoughts (just finished the season) *some spoilers*
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=736226&mesg_id=736485
736485, some thoughts (just finished the season) *some spoilers*
Posted by wrecknoble, Mon Oct-28-19 03:32 PM
-the kid that plays Dion isn't a great actor. he had some extremely cringey moments but i got past them by reminding myself that he's still a child lol - he also had some great moments so they kind of balanced out

-loved how they incorporated the talk about racism between Nicole and Dion when he had to deal with the asshole teacher. also loved that it was brought up again by Dion to the invisible woman while they walked through the school. showed that it had an impact on him.

-also loved how they developed Esperanza as someone Dion was embarrassed to be associated with to realizing she was truly his best friend. the scene where he made her levitate and then had to realize that it was against her wishes was great.

-the above 2 points illustrate that there are a lot of good lessons here for kids, and hopefully a lot of kids watch the show!

-the twist about the main villain was kinda wack to me, but the character WAS getting increasingly annoying for misreading signs. i also thought it was extremely weird the way he was falling for Nicole throughout the season. i kind of wish they didn't just automatically morph him into the villain but rather let him learn and grow as a person as well. i guess there really are jerks like that in real life though so it made sense?

overall, decent show for me to watch while doing laundry. glad that Netflix made this and we need way more shows like this, that cast black and brown people as leads.

appreciate the recommendation to the OP!