Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectDamn this was terrific.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=735934&mesg_id=738208
738208, Damn this was terrific.
Posted by Brew, Sat Mar-14-20 10:29 PM
I love Bong Joon-Ho in what little I've seen of him (his Grammy speech and some other stray recent clips) so I'm glad he's getting all this shine. This movie lived up to the hype and then some.

Someone above mentioned how great the camerawork was and how it made the viewers feel like we were part of the movie - I felt the same way.

I've personally watched several movies w/subtitles and have never had an issue or been annoyed with having to follow along that way (and, in fact, have mostly appreciated the feeling of authenticity vs. watching movies based in foreign countries where clearly non-english speaking people were speaking english) and IMO Joon-Ho and his team did an incredible job of making the act of reading dialogue via subtitles almost unnoticeable. I never felt like I was missing any of the visual action due to reading. That can't be easy to pull off. Major props to Joon-Ho and all the writers/producers/etc. for that.