Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectEnjoyable fun. AMMO was bland, CBS Network TV bullshit though
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=735881&mesg_id=737959
737959, Enjoyable fun. AMMO was bland, CBS Network TV bullshit though
Posted by Cold Truth, Sun Feb-09-20 01:57 AM
Will and Martin are a fantastic duo. I dig the overall story and love the twist, especially at the very end. I saw a lot of Lethal Weapon 4 in here, and I think this one handled the aging action cop trope in a less cheeky, though still thoroughlyendearing way. It also helps that Mike and Marcus are still relatively young, compared to Riggs and Murtaugh.

I have a gripe, it's that this had a chance to be a more grounded, smaller scope iteration to rival the Fast series, but they didn't go all in.

Will and Martin do the heavy lifting and keep us glued to them. But after them, it gets weak character wise.

I like that they added a support team, but I absolutely hate the casting of them. Even the goofy ass white dude, who was admittedly fun. All these cats felt like one-shot Dexter characters, or the CSI B Team.

Speaking of CBS: Jay Hernandez would have been great for this. Or anything, really, but he would have made a nice addition here on the support team.

Instead of quality, living, breathing supporting characters like we have in Fast, we got bland, run of the mill caricatures. That I enjoyed this so much is a testament to the charisma and chemistry of Will and Martin, because they elevated this in a big way.