Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectYeah, I haven't really been feeling that last two episodes
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=735779&mesg_id=736792
736792, Yeah, I haven't really been feeling that last two episodes
Posted by mrhood75, Mon Nov-18-19 02:31 PM
The biggest problem has been with the presence of Vera. I really didn't give a fuck about him and his plans to take over NYC or his his flunkie Young MA. Shoot, when he laid out what he wanted last episode it underlined how fucking stupid and useless his character is. And the main revelations in last nights episode would have been so much more powerful if they didn't keep inter-cutting him yelling shit or just general reaction shots. I get that he's the device to get to these revelations, but Esmail has had a long time to plan this out and I'm disappointed that this is the best that he could come up with.

Another problem is the determination to make the entire season take place in like a 48-hour period, which is seriously stretching things to the point of breaking. Since the season started, he's almost died from a heroin OD and had a pretty brutal chase through Central Park (which only happened hours before this episode) and he's showing no worse for wear.

And I thought in the effort to make Elliot unsympathetic in the episode before this was ham-fisted.

I thought they were really going somewhere after no-dialogue episode, but what transpired since has been a letdown.